Sunday, February 27, 2011

Journal 36 My Favorite Meal

There are many different meals that one could consider their favorite, but my personal favorite would be corn meal. There are so many characteristics that make it great. It encompasses all of the senses that the human mind can comprehend and is all around amazing in every way. Corn meal can vary in color from blue to white, but yellow is the best. The yellow of fresh cornmeal reminds me of the sunrises in the morning at the beaches of North Carolina that I have spent many of my summers. It reminds me of a simple time where I am quite at peace. And it's even better for you, because yellow corn meal actually has more Vitamin A than the other colors because of the type of corn that each come from. Along with the appearance of corn meal, the smell of corn that it always carries with it reminds me of home no matter where I am at. If I am all the way across the world, the smell of corn meal is able to remind me of home and bring back all the good memories of living in the country. Both of those details are nice, but absolutely nothing tops the taste of corn meal. It's extremely bland which just the way I like my meal. Also the mushy texture of it when made into mush is absolutely heavenly. The taste and texture send my taste buds on a trip to paradise to experience my own little part of heaven every time. I don’t really think that corn meal makes a sound, but I can only imagine that if it did, it would be the most beautiful sound in the world seeing that corn meal is my favorite meal. All of these different characteristics that corn meal has are what make it my most favorite meal in the entire world. Everything about it is amazing and can make me feel good no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment