Friday, April 1, 2011

Job Shadowing Experience

I did learn a lot from my experience job shadowing at CMT. I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it very much, but still it was a good opportunity. Everyone was talking about basically the same thing over and over again. They might not have known that, but it still got kind of annoying. They were working on a big project of turning a cloverleaf intersection into what is known as a single point intersection. When I saw the plan I thought it was kind of dumb because all of the traffic had to go through one intersection. But hey, what do I know, I'm no engineer, just a concerned motorist. The one really cool thing was that we were able to view pictures of the new Scheel's store. The guy that showed them to us was pretty laid back and seemed to be the coolest of all of the people. We also got to see so pictures and designs of the new waste management center off of Veterans. Lunch was pretty cool because we went to Lime Street Cafe. I have always liked that restaurant so I enjoyed lunch there. It was interesting because the main person we were shadowing said his boss's daughter went to Butler where is where my brother goes. I don't think that I really want to be a civil engineer. I knew this before the shadowing, but still this was kind of a bad day. I'm not saying that I am turned off to engineering as a whole, but there is no way that I ever want to be a civil engineer. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment