Thursday, January 6, 2011

Journal 28 Convincing

the. Upon beginning this blog, I requested from my good friend Matt to type the word "the" for me. I thought that it would help me make up a story for the blog so I could say that I had convinced someone to do something for me. By convincing him to do something, I benefited because I could now complete part of my homework assignment for English class. Being able to convince someone to do something for you is something that can really help with a lot of situations in life. This skill can be worked at and mastered, but sometimes it is just natural for some people to be able to argue points to have someone help them. Convincing people to do something for you is actually a possibility for a career because having this skill is the basis for business. There is a lot of profit to be made in the career of business and the industry revolves a lot around people skills. If one can convince someone to help you with what you need help with and build a rapport with people to become quite successful. Although me convincing Matt to type the word the on my blog for me wasn't really that impressive, it still shows that people will help you out if you really need them too. Now if Matt needed me to do something for him, I would, because I owe him a favor for his helping me. In the business world, convincing investors to give money to you for whatever it is you are trying to accomplish, you will either end up paying them back or owing them a favor for their help to you. There are a lot better examples of convincing someone to help me with something, but even something as simple as having someone type a word for me shows how this skill can help in the big scheme of things of all of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment