Monday, January 17, 2011

Journal 31 Daydream

There are many times in my life that daydreaming has helped me figure out what to do in a bad situation. One of these situations occurred quite recently in fact. On Saturday I went to the county championship game with my good friends Miguel, Tucker, and Kirk. During the final quarter of the game, there was a cheer done by the cheerleaders and I did not participate by standing up with the other fans. When the game resumed I drifted into a daydream in which during the next time where the cheerleaders were trying to get the fans involved with a cheer I would stand up and support the team. I told my close friend Kirk of the vivid daydream, well almost an epiphany, that I had. He thought that it was a great idea and said that he would join me in my supporting of the team and the cheerleaders. The very next time that there was a timeout and the cheerleaders came over to the fan section to get everyone pumped up for the end of the game, Kirk and I joined the other fans in cheering on the team. I think that we really helped in a situation that could use the support of people like Kirk and I. After doing this, Kirk informed me that I could then write about what just happened for my blog for English class about daydreaming and deciding what to do in a situation. I told him that was a wonderful idea and that I would do just that, which obviously I am now doing. This situation wasn't exactly a bad situation in a sense that something bad would happen if I didn't act the way that I did, but still it was a daydream that made me take action in a situation. I'm sure that if I thought about it long enough, I could think of an actual serious situation where daydreaming helped me but this is still a fine example from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment