Sunday, November 7, 2010

Journal 20 Self Reflection

Throughout our lives it is extremely important that we reflect on our lives and simply get away from the world. Having time to ourselves helps us relax and release a lot of the daily stresses that we encounter in our lives. To me, time to myself means finding some place to listen to music on my own. It really calms me down and lets me get a little more in tune with myself and my life. This can be very different for other people though; some may enjoy being outside and others may like to exercise or run. All that really matters is that you find time to simply do something that you enjoy and be by yourself. Self reflection is something that can help us be a lot more successful in the long run, but also make ourselves better on a more daily, small scale. It is important that we think about the thinks that we have accomplished as well as the things that we want to accomplish in the future. Lately, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I am going to do after high school. Honestly I don't really have a strong idea of what I want to do, but I think I have made some progress on narrowing down my options. This is one example of how important self reflection is. I pretty much know how I'm going to do throughout the rest of high school, so it makes me get a better understanding of what I can do for college, and even after. Without taking time to think about these important decisions that I will have to make in the near future, I would be completely lost and could end up making a wrong decision that could truly reshape how my life plays out. Self reflection and separating oneself from society are closely related, but sometimes self reflection can be easier when talking with someone that has been through the same experiences. Most times, these types of people can get you on the right track to make the right decision for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment