Thursday, November 11, 2010

Journal 22 Breaking the Law for the Purpose of Romantic Beliefs

To a Romantic, there are some times that it is okay to break the law. The importance of oneself actually overrules laws and order. One situation I could think of if I was a romantic poet would be being in nature. If there was one place in the world that I had been told was a really amazing place to meditate and become one with myself, I would want to go there. Especially if it was coming from a close friend that I trusted to pick good places to do all of the things that Romantic poets do. Lets say that I go to this magically poetics paradise for meditation and I find that there is an electrical fence with a huge "No Trespassing" sign and there are others posted all over the area. After seeing this I think that I should just go home, but then I notice a gap in the fence where I could enter the beautiful area. Although it would technically be illegal, I think I would still go in through the little whole, because having the place to meditate is more important than my regard for the law. I think that even if I wasn't a romantic poet, I may still do this in real life. Personally, I really do appreciate nature and meditation. Also, I don't think that the police would really care if you weren't doing anything. They may just ask you to leave, but say you were hunting on someone else's grounds, that may be a different story. If I came across the owner of the land, and he or she was upset about my trespassing, I would make sure to apologize and try to see if there would be anything that I could do to make up for it. If they pressed charges, I would just have to do whatever the punishment is because you can't complain if you break the law. This is a situation that it is okay to disregard the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment