Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Journal 12 Working With a Partner

Working with a partner is one thing that I have a lot of experience with. I enjoy it a lot and there is one story that happened to me that I always think about when I think about working with a partner or teamwork in general. Over the summer I went to Africa for a summer job. I took my friend Matt to work with because I thought that we would have fun working together. I had already done some work as a freelance mercenary for a couple summers previously but there was always a lot of work for one person. This is why I thought I would benefit from having an extra person to take some of the work load off of myself. Our first job was to destroy a small village in South Africa. In this village was the leader of the rival organization that we were working for at the time. We went in and did our job but as we were leaving we came across a small child of about sixteen years of age. He told us his name was Kirk and that he had been taken captive. We thought that we should take him back to America with us at the end of the summer. We had to be smuggled out of the country because we were taken in illegal in the first place. While Matt distracted the guard with his amazing good looks, I was able to take little Kirk onto the cargo hold of the plane that was going to take us back home. This was some of the best teamwork that I have ever seen in my days. I think that this quality of working well with others will rub off on little Kirk because since we have raised him, we have always displayed good teamwork. Now all three of us are back in the states, living happily and attending Pleasant Plains High School. Specifically Mr. Langley's English 332 class.

No comments:

Post a Comment