Friday, October 22, 2010

Journal 17 Nature and Me

There have been a few times in my life where I have bonded with nature. Usually this happens during vacations for me because Illinois isn't exactly the most scenic area in the entire world. Whenever my family goes somewhere on the coast, I like walking on the beach and just sitting and looking at the water. Sometimes I also play guitar, acoustic of course outside on the beach. I don't even have to be anywhere on vacation to do this. I sometimes just go outside on my porch at home when its nice outside during the summer. I believe that music is very important and that it should be around us as much as possible. One time for vacation, instead of going to a coastal place we went to Colorado. We went to many different areas, some very urban, but also some very rural, secluded areas. It was at the secluded areas that I really bonded with nature. There were so many beautiful places and sights. All of them were simply natural beauty, which is what makes it so amazing. It is so easy to be in a state of awe when you're somewhere that is filled with natural beauty. We went hiking on a mountain and just all of the trees were amazing, but later we found a spot with this sweet waterfall. There was a little cavern on the inside of it, so we were able to stand behind the waterfall and lookout at everything with a mist covering the view. It was quite spectacular. Although I do love going to the beach and being at the ocean or the gulf of Mexico, going to Colorado was one of my more memorable vacations just because it was so different. I was able to see many sights that I had never experienced before which just made it all the better. It was most definitely one of my most important times that I bonded with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment