Monday, October 18, 2010

Journal 15 Logic and Reason Usage

There are many different places and times that I use reason and logic. One example is in school. When working through problems in many different science classes like AP Chemistry, Physics, and Digital Electronics, which is an engineering course. Physics is one subject that focuses basically all around logic. All of the math that we deal with in the subject is simple algebra, but to be able to reach the point of solving for simple math, you have to be able to understand the theory behind it. Another time that I use logic is in simple everyday situations. If someone comes up to me and asks if I would like to join them in the jumping off of a bridge or cliff sort of thing. At first, of course I would say thank you for the invitation, but there is no logic in doing that. It would be a really cool feeling to jump off because eventually you would reach freefall and it would feel like you weigh absolutely nothing. One has to realize that after that though, you would have to hit the ground, and that would hurt quite a bit. This even relates back to using logic and reason in physics, because reaching freefall takes about fifty feet. When you think about it, rationalism is all around us. We use it all of the time in all aspects of our everyday lives. Logically I know that I still have about one hundred words left in this blog. Reason tells me that I need to continue to write to reach the required limit so that I can obtain the grade I want for this blog post. Logic tells me that it will help my grade in English class so I must continue to write. After this sentence I will be extremely close to the limit for this blog. Simple reasoning tells me that I will need to stop writing so that I can do other things with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment