Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Journal 16 My favorite guitar

In my possession I have five guitars. I have one Ibanez, a Silvertone, a Yamaha, a non branded acoustic, and then my most favorite one. My baby is a 2008 Mexican Fender Sunburst Stratocaster. It is a beautiful machine. I probably spend most of my time playing this guitar. I started with my Yamaha acoustic and then I decided I wanted to try an electric guitar. I bought my Ibanez for about one hundred dollars, and after a couple months playing, I knew I wanted something better. There were many guitars that I liked when I went shopping for one, but the Strat just stuck out to me. I knew that it was right for me so I got it. It wasn't really the most unique guitar to buy, but it is a classic and just a solid guitar to start with. After years of playing it, it has gotten a little beat up. On the back there is a huge scratch from a screwdriver when I was working on it a little. All along the sides there are dents and scratches from me hitting it on my amp and the other furniture in my room. I tuned the pickups to where I wanted them myself, and I clean and restring it myself. It has truly become my guitar. When I was taking lessons, my instructor told me that all of the dents and dings that accumulate on a guitar are what make it your own. There is no other Strat in the world with the exact same scratches and imperfections that mine now has. To accompany my favorite guitar, I have a Vox amp. I got this amp because of many recommendations from other musicians. All Vox amps have a great effects generator built in. I don't really need an effects pedal when I play at home because everything can be done through my beast of a machine amp. These are both of my favorites of my musical instrument collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment