Friday, October 1, 2010

Journal 11 Ethics/ Values

Well I don't really feel like talking about ethics or values, so I'll talk about something else. The other weekend I went to see Weezer live. The show was in Peoria at the auditorium on Bradley’s campus. It was a pretty great time. I went with Kirk, Luke, Dylan, and Simon. We went to dinner at Avanti's before the show and it was quite delicious. I had some chicken alfredo that I enjoyed a lot. After that we went to the show. We were a little early so we had to sit around for a while but it wasn't to long of wait. The opening band came out and started to play. Their first song was okay and then after they finished it they explained how they were a small band from Chicago. They played like seven songs and I really only like one of them which kind of sucked. After they were done Weezer got on the stage and started with Buddy Holly. It was so amazing. They played a lot of songs from the Blue Album, which was great because that's my favorite album of theirs. Some of the songs that they played I now like a lot just because of how well they played them live. I had never really liked the song Surf Wax America, but when they played it, I found it to be a great song. They played a cover of Kids by MGMT with a mix of Poker Face by Lady Gaga. Both are really good songs originally but I absolutely loved the way that Weezer played them. During the song Beverly Hills, the lead singer Rivers walked around the entire auditorium. He ended up coming right behind where our seats were. I have pictures on my phone and I’m like right next to him. Dylan actually touched him which is pretty exciting. This was actually the first show for a major band that I had ever been to and overall it was a great experience. I definitely want to see some more bands live because it really changed my entire perspective on Weezer as a whole.

1 comment: