Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Journal 10 Science vs. Religion

Well science vs. religion is a very hot topic in our world. It is something that people are always talking about and most likely will for all of eternity, which is a really long time. Whenever I think of this topic I always seem to think about Dan Brown novels. I have read, The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, and The Lost Symbol. I really liked all of these books because they combine like the three best topics in the world. History (the non boring kind), religion, and of course science. The way that these novels intertwine all of these topics make it easy to read and extremely interesting. I think that Dan Brown is one of my favorite authors of all time. His style has always just appealed to me and there are some other stories like his that I also like a lot. I also think that it is this type of literature that gave me the strong interest in theology and religion that I have. I was raised to be Catholic but honestly I consider myself to be an Agnostic. I believe that there has to be some form of a higher power to start everything in the universe, but there are just some undisputable facts presented by science that makes a lot of what the church says seem to be foolish. I can do without all of the stories about morality and finding the way to God, because everyone has different beliefs so it’s hard to say that you truly support your religion. I heard about some research being done about proving that the idea of God is something that all humans have in their minds and it has evolved to all of the different ideas about religion that we have today. If this could be proved to be completely true, a lot of debates would be settled, but for now there is still the battle between science and religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment