Thursday, September 2, 2010

Journal 3 In Captivity

If I were stuck in a hostage situation I would probably feel pretty much like a complete loser. I don't think that I would ever be taken by anyone just because I'm such an awesome person that I wouldn't allow it to happen. I might be lured in by candy though. Candy is my one true weakness. Say the hostage takers made a trail of candy on some random street that I was going down, I would most likely be compelled to follow the trail to get all of the candy. This is obviously if the candy isn't something gross like black licorice. But if I did get captured, I would probably be really resilient and fight against everything that the hostage takers do. Other than that I think it would really depend on how long I was in captivity for. If I knew that someone would be coming for me really soon I would not really care and just make sure to stay alive. On the other hand, if no one had any idea where I was at I may try to fight back a lot more myself. I think a lot of rage would cause me to attack my hostage takers. As for coping I think that fighting back would be my means of coping. Crying is not exactly my first choice as a coping method. Maybe after a while I would get pretty upset about not being able to see my family and loved ones; especially Matt Vermeersch because he is my friend and I care deeply about him. In the grand scheme of things, I think that I would deal well with captivity. I could probably escape if I really wanted to. I would go all MacGyver and take some random objects and escape the grasps of the hostage takers that took me in the first place. But in all honesty I would be pretty bummed about being captured and not being able to see the people I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment