Friday, September 17, 2010

Journal 8 Proofreading

I think that the video about proofreading was quite comical. This was a very clever way to convey the importance of proofreading for all types of things. I know that I have made many mistakes during the process of writing a paper. It is like the old saying goes, "It's funny because it’s true." I think that Matt Vermeersch phrased it the best with his opinion of the video. He said that the video is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I agree completely with this statement because this video was pretty great. These are the kind of things that are good tools for teaching because of the simple fact that teens will remember something like that. Whenever comedy or something that a student would like can be incorporated into a lesson plan, it should because it aids in really getting a point across, or to get a point stuck in the students head. The idea of making mistakes in a presentation about making mistakes in a paper is genius. It was not just boring common mistakes, but also hilarious vulgarities that made it extremely comical the entire time of watching it. I even sent the link to Anthony because I thought that he would appreciate it and also find it funny. It was inappropriate at some points in time but that is just something that as someone viewing the video I will most likely remember and maybe notice if some of those mistakes are made. Overall I thought that this video was great and it may actually make me check for some errors when writing for any class or for any reason. It could very well make me catch some mistakes that could make me look like an idiot for either a class or for whoever may be reading what I wrote. I think if everything could be taught with some comedy like that, students would be a lot more successful because it makes students focus on the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment