Thursday, September 9, 2010

Journal 5 Modern Punishments

Well I do not really have much experience with grounding and punishment. I have only been grounded once in my life and that was kind of a misunderstanding on my part but I guess that was my fault. That grounding was actually just the classic not being able to do anything the following weekend. It was kind of bad timing though because there was a party that following weekend that I had been looking forward to for a while. I guess you could say that I did learn my lesson as much as I hate to admit it. As for new modern punishments, I really don't have an opinion because my parents have never done or even threatened to take any technology away. For a while I paid for my cell phone completely so they had no authority to take it away, but now I only pay for part of it so I guess they could take it away. If they were they type of parents to take it away, I think I would find that a bit ridiculous. In the first place, a cell phone is a tool that can be extremely helpful in a lot of situations, so i think it is important for teenagers to have them. As for taking away Facebook, I think that is actually a reasonable punishment. Personally, I use Facebook quite a bit but overall I think I could go without it. It takes up a lot of time that could be used for more important things; not that I'm saying I want to go without it, simply that I could. Taking it away as a punishment is acually a really good idea, because as a parent you have to feel that you are doing your kid good while teaching them a lesson. That is, in my opion actually a pretty fair and reasonable punishment for the modern time that we live in, but I don't think cell phones should be taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment