Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Journal 4 Travels

Now most of my travels with my family, we go to beaches. I have been to Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama. All of these places have been enjoyable and I always liked being able to spend time with my extended family, but there was one vacation that really made an impact on me. Two years ago my family went to Colorado. This vacation was only with my direct family (Mom, Dad, and my brother Anthony who is now in attendance at Butler University in the wonderful city of Indianapolis, Indiana). We went for a little over a week and it was quite amazing. We went to many different places around the state and each place was absolutely beautiful. Most of the time we spent was doing something outside. My family isn't necessarily outdoorsy because we aren't the types to suggest going camping as an activity, but we had a great time anyway. Just spending time in nature really allowed me some time to just slow down and think about things. Hiking was just time for me and I feel that I got to know my self a little better over the course of the trip. Along with being able to clear my mind it was also good exercise that really goes along well with thinking. A healthy body often times equates and relates to a healthy mind. I found that to really be an overall theme to the trip, because a lot of it was spent separate from each other. I think that everyone needs to take trips that allow them to clear their mind and just refresh themselves as a whole and go back to find who they are as a person. I’m not saying this has to be done all of the time, but I think it would be good for everyone to do this every couple years or so, just so that they can get back to themselves and not have any worries in the world to become truly at peace with themselves and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment